Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unity of creation (a post for Virginia)

The way you started your reflection struck a chord in me: not about the foggy state in the morning, but the fact that a reflection on aliens can wake anybody up. Incidentally my own reflection was about offering hospitality to aliens and strangers. This is a theme very dear to me.
I was so touched by your statement: “For all we know, at one time, Christ may have become alive in a stream, a daisy, a tadpole, a hummingbird. How would we know?” I remembered a novel that I read in my mother tongue when I was a kid. Somewhere during the process of evolution, two sibling amoebas (or whatever the early forms of life are called) got separated. They promised to meet again in the future. Later one of them evolved into a human being. One day he was cutting down a tree, and the tree silently whispered to him, “Brother, you did not recognize me!” In my childhood innocence, my eyes welled up when I read that. Kind of , putting the creation into perspective, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment