Friday, October 2, 2009

Meeting new people. It's beautiful

Met and talked with Mr Sibbernsen this evening. It was a nice conversation. I am supposed to accompany his as his spiritual reflector as he goes about his ministry as an Ignatius Volunteer Corps member. But talking to him, I wondered if I had the spiritual depths to accompany this man of enormous experience and great wisdom. It was an exercise in humility, but he was extremely humble himself. We need to take this friendship forward. We have already planned a timeline.
Earlier in the day, after the mass at the Terry Centre, I stopped to talked to two ladies who frequent at the mass there. I was thinking that they were working at the university, but they are not. Working at a dental association. Extremely nice people, and both of them had many nice things to talk about my homilies. I was very pleased. One of them invited me to a charismatic prayer group which meets on first Fridays. I thought of going today, but I couldn't because I had mass at Wright hall.
Another great surprise is talking with Tracy at the class. At first I took her for the typical Yankee character, showing off with money and charm. But I realise how mistaken I was. She is so genuine and such a good Christian. Talking to her about meaning of life was really meaningful. It makes me realise my own meanings goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment